Friday, January 15, 2010

Let's Talk Books!

And why we love them...


Asking you all to post comments on your favorite books would be like asking you to post comments on your favorite child. So we will take it slowly. I want to tel y'all about some of my favorites and why I love them. The list is lengthy so I will only cover one at a time. Then I would love to hear your comments about the books I love and hear some things about books you love. Are ya with me?


Ah books I love... where to start?

A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel

My Rating: A

Genre: Memoir

Recommend to: Older teens and up (Some language and adult themes, it is a small town after all)

Great for book clubs.

What I think? I loved this witty little story about growing up in a small town. It made me laugh out loud at points. I'm sure Haven Kimmel and I are long lost relatives! In fact, I first was motivated to start "Growing up Redneck" as I read this book. If you are looking for a fun, fast, easy read, this is sure to me a memorable book for you!

Let me know if you love it as much as I did!


1 comment:

  1. It took me 4 months to read this book because it brought back so many memories of my childhood that I had to keep stopping and writing things down for Beckys book that she is going to write. Terrific book. Choppy so it's easy to pick up and put down when you only have a few minutes here and there to read. Loved it. Now on to her next suggestion! Thanks B!

    ReplyDelete