Friday, January 22, 2010

Book Clubs

If you aren't in one, Hurry and get in on one!!!
It is my favorite. All we do is talk books for a couple hours with some good munchies and hot chocolate! Mmmmmm
If you need a book club to be in, come to mine! The girls are great and always have good recommendations. My list has grown by leaps and bounds since last night. (Much to the dismay of my already starving family.)
OHHH and I also wanted to bring up something beautiful to those of you that love to read, want to buy every book you read, but don't have the room to have that amazing library with long flowing velvet curtains and high enough ceilings to carefully maneuver your 10 foot long ladder on wheels...
Oh sorry.
Lost myself.

bookswim.com

It is literally Netflix for books! It does have some fees so you have to decide if it would save you money and room. But it works just like netflix. They mail you a book (or 3) and you can take as long as you need to read them. AND if you happen to love a book, you can keep it and purchase it! Yikes! It sounds fantastic! I have not signed up yet as I am still trying to decide if I want to throw all of my library dreams out and get a Kindle. (If anyone has one, let me know what you love and hate about them.)

My latest read... A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
I gave it a B+ because I like the story however, it is graphic! I would only recommend it to adults who don't mind a lot of sexual content. It takes place in the early 1900's. A man places an ad for a Reliable Wife and Catherine answers but has different plans for the wealthy man she is going to marry.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment