Monday, January 18, 2010

All time Favorites

This far...
Not in order...
Maybe not all of them, just off the top of my head...
*My Sisters Keeper- Emotions to the max. Husband thought someone had died for real!
*Thirteenth Tale- Little bit mystery. Don't normally like this stuff, but this is literary heaven!
*The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society- The title for starters. Easy read without any real climax! Great book!
*The Secret Life of Bees- Made me want to be a beekeeper when I grow up!
*The Hunger Games and sequel- WOW! This author can create a story! Enjoyed to the last page! Now I have to wait for the 3rd! Augh!
*The Choice and Message in a Bottle- Really, anything by Nicholas Spark. He can create love that makes me want to lick the book. Nothing horrible and dirty. Just good lovin romance!
*The Book Thief- Not your usual holocaust story. Beautifully written. Nice flow.
*Water for Elephants- If you can handle some profanity and such, this is a fantastic book that I can't even tell you why I loved it so much!
*Angels and Demons- Dan Brown has got it goin on! His stories, research and historical detail can't be beat! I can't put his books down!
So I've given up a few of my faves. I'm sure to have missed a few, but I will get to them. PLEASE post yours!

2 comments:

  1. I have read all of these but the Nicholas Sparks' books and Water for Elephants (on my to read list). And I'm in agreement with you on all of these.

    The Book Thief has to be one of my favorite books of all time.
    Thirteenth Tale--loved it. Have to be careful who I recommend it to but I loved it.
    Guernsey Literary... also loved. Couldn't read it all it one sitting though. I had to digest it bit by bit. At least once I had to stop just to let certain happenings sink in. I want to live among those people--I love their down to earth sense of humor.

    One of my favorites right now is the Graveyard Book. This book seems to get mixed reviews from different people--they seem to love it or hate it. I'd love to have you read it Becky and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished The Book Thief last night and sobbed. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete