Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Blue Bottle Club by Penelope Stokes



So, here is my latest read and I loved it!!! I read it fast which is always an indicator for me as to how good it was. Let me break it down for you in my opinion.
Rating: I give it an A. I really liked the book and couldn't put it down.
Genre: Fiction. Story about a reporter that comes across a bottle with the dreams of 4 teenage girls from 1929. She goes on a quest to find out where each of the now 80 year old women are.
Recommend to: Anyone. This book is pretty darn clean. Nothing in here I wouldn't let my kids read. Although, they may not want to. It's not an adventure type book. I would also recommend it to anyone looking for a little spiritual pick-me-up. It's not a lot of religion but certainly has a spiritual aspect.
What I think: I think all my book club gals would love this book. It was just interesting to see where each of the girls ended up. Keep in mind that they put their dreams in the bottle in 1929.
Loved it! Read it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment