Saturday, February 5, 2011

Matched

OK people. Here is a good read that combines all the good stuff of "Hunger Games" and "The Giver." I liked it. No loved, but liked. This is a local (SLC) author and I am pretty sure this is her first book. There is a waiting list at the library for it and I guess it was worth the time. I am fairly certain that this is the first book of a series as it leaves you totally hanging.
This is another futuristic America book where we have managed to destroy our world. So this book takes place in a "Society" where everything is decided for you, (because we were to dumb to do it the first time around.) You don't choose your meals, your career or even your spouse in the Society. Problem? (Cause every good book has one?) The girl in this book isn't sure of the match they make for her. YIKES! DRAMA! OK so it is a young adult read obviously. So no sex, language or anything else that would keep me from recommending it to the young women.
I have got to quit reading this type of book however. They freak me out. the whole government control thing hits a little close to home sometimes. It seems they always think they know how we should live and aren't afraid to impose rules and laws to make sure we do. So, yes, these books are a little creepy that way. Warn me if you intend to recommend on to me.
I need a good old fashioned, can't pull my nose out of, my poor kids are starving kind of book!

No comments:

Post a Comment