Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Last Lecture




By Randy Pausch
This book ranks right up there with the "Four Agreements" to me!
What an incredibly motivating book. This is a non-fiction book that Randy Pausch wrote after giving his "Last Lecture".
Randy was a professor at a university. The faculty there were sometimes asked to give a lecture as if you were dying. Crazy thing? Randy was dying. He had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and was given 3-6 months to live. Randy was married and had 3 kids under 6 years old.
His lecture was not what you would think. He focused on living out your childhood dreams. And he did live his out. He was incredible! The way he lived his life before and after his diagnosis was remarkable. It left me in awe. I will buy this book. I maybe will read it daily to remember how I would like to live my life.
Ps If you have an hour and a few minutes, watch his lecture online on youtube. Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment