Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Giver

This was a surprising read to me! Koy read this book for English and at first he didn't really like it. However, I was intrigued because of how quickly he read the series. In the end, I think he enjoyed it.
The book is about a futuristic time when everything has become quite primitive. There are a lot of rules and no emotions. People just going through the motions of life. One boy, however is given a unique job upon turning 12 years old. He is to meet with The Giver and "receive" memories. It had sort of a "Hunger Games" feel to it but whole different story.
I would recommend this book to anyone. It is a youth book I believe. No language. No sex.
This book does end with you dangling from a cliff though and the second book has NOTHING to do with the first, but Koy tells me it all comes together in the end.
Good book. Enjoyed it. Almost done with the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment