Friday, April 23, 2010

We are all the same


By Jim Wooten
Get out your Kleenex people. This is a tear jerker from the get go. This short story made me cry over and over! And I am not a book cryer! OUCH! Jim Wooten, a journalist, covers a story on a little boy that was born HIV postive. His mom died after she had found a place for him to live as long as he could. He was the child to live the longest in Africa after being infected by birth from his mother. The most amazing part is that a white woman and her family took him into their home and nursed him until he died. He was a motivational speaker that visited the US twice and advocated for AIDS medicines. This is not only and educating read, but moving. It is a somewhat adult topic so I would only recommend it to adults, but it is very clean. I was in awe of this little boys will to live and to help others live. I feel very blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment