Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Remembering Issac


The Wise and Joyful Potter of Niederbipp by Ben Behunin
This book was recommended to me by my boss, Dr. C. He has great taste for good clean uplifting books. This book is all three. About a young man that responds to an ad for a village potter. He quickly finds that this village is unlike any place he has ever been. He takes the place of Issac, the previous potter, and finds his shoes are very hard to fill. This book is about faith, love and service. This is a great book that I would recommend to anyone. There is also a sequel that I plan of reading. Oh and this book made we want to try my hand at pottery. (Right after I am a beekeeper.)
My favorite part about this book is the pictures on the edge of the book of a potter at the wheel. It reminds me of the old flip books. Does anyone remember these? The author is a local guy and also does little doodles on all the pages. It was as enjoyable to keep up with the doodles and picture flipping as it was to read the book. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment