Monday, April 5, 2010

Graceling



OK. So this book was pretty good actually. It was recommended to Blythe and I at the Kings English Bookstore. It was good enough to read the sequel to. I wouldn't call it my favorite book ever and it did have some "Twilight" moments, but overall OK. I give it a B+
It has a bit of a "Lord of the Rings" time era to me. There is a lot of kings ticking off other kings to the story.
Who should read it? Funny you should ask. This book was written for young adults but the main characters enjoy some extracurricular activites together without any thought of getting married. In fact it is the heroines goal to not be tied down. AND, they talk about an herb that prevents pregnancy. So all of this is pretty minor in the whole scheme of the book, but if you have a very "with it" teen, she might notice this. P.s. It is no worse than "Twilight".
What's the Story? It's about a girl that has a "Grace". A grace can be anything like mind reading, strength, etc... but this girl has been able to kill a man since she was 8 years old. She becomes the thug for her uncle that is a king.
This story is about finding herself.
I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment