Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Girl With The Pearl Earring

I wasn't so sure about this book for a while. I have had it on my "to read" list and my bookshelf for some time now. I finally picked it up the other day thinking if nothing else it would be a quick read. It certainly was. Once again, I am forced to starve my family and leave dirty laundry strewn about. I don't know why I liked it so much. Not the most engaging story by any means. And I still haven't figured out if it is based on true accounts or totally fictional. A girl, Griet, is hired by an artists family to be the maid. She ends up intriguing the artist, his purchasers and the local butchers son. An easy, pretty clean read. If anyone knows if this is a true story, do tell.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this movie, but I know how you are book--movie, movie--book. You have me pretty interested in the book, so it goes in my Books to Read file. It is an interesting story. I'm not sure if it is true or the idea of the author on how the painting originated. See the movie! I think you'll like it, Becky. I've been checking out GoodReads and found some pretty interesting Young Adult books. I've even piqued the interest of my daughter with a few of them, although she thinks I choose depressing books.

    ReplyDelete