Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let's talk Hunger Games

So people, I don't want any clues yet as to what happens in the third book, but I do want to talk a bit about the first one. I am re-reading it to update myself before diving into the last installment. I first read this book about 2 years ago and could not put it down. Let's recap: Oh PS if you haven't read it I may give some things away here...
Girl and boy go to the Games
Girl is better than she thought
Boy is injured
Girl rescues boy
Boy and girl defy the capitol and end the book with a bang!
I don't know how many of you felt like reading this book and enjoying it was wrong, but I did. I loved it!! But I wasn't sure if I should.
This book is a bit gruesome and the thought of kids fighting to the death is a little twisted. What I did find intriguing was the idea of the government control. It is kinda creepy.
So I would let my teenagers read this if they don't wig out easily. It is bloody but no language issues at all. No sex at all either. Fascinating book really. Grabs your attention and doesn't let go. You have to keep reading to see what happens. Don't plan on sleeping for a night or two. Let me know if you've read it and what you think of the original book.

1 comment:

  1. Hurry up and finish the dang series. I will say it was not my favorite ending to Mockingjay, so lets chat when you finish this series.

    ReplyDelete