Monday, September 19, 2011

Not Without My Daughter



Imagine being taken to a foreign country where you couldn't speak the language, adapt to the customs or even walk the street without fear. Where you are treated as nothing and have no way of getting home. This is the true story about a women taken on a short trip to Iran with her Iranian husband and her daughter. This book is quite long and goes through her grueling agony of trying to flee her captors. It is a pretty clean book but has some violence. I read it for my book club and don't know that I would read it again. But I have never been more fond of my toilet than after reading the horror stories of Iranian bathrooms:( It really made me appreciate being an American. This book is suitable for anyone. If you are curious about Iranian culture or treatment of women, this is pretty straight forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment